Thu 06-10-2022 15:05 PM
SHARJAH, 6th October, 2022 (WAM) -- H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, issued Emiri Decree No. (61) of 2022, amending Emiri Decree No. (13) of 2013 on the establishment of the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA).
The Decree stipulates that the text of Article No. (8) of Emiri Decree No. (13) of 2013 shall be replaced by the following:
The SBA shall be managed by a Chairperson who is appointed by an Emiri Decree and is responsible for the performance of work before the Ruler of Sharjah. In particular, the chairperson shall have the following:
1. Propose the general policy and strategic plans necessary to achieve the objectives of the SBA and submit them to the Ruler of Sharjah and the Sharjah Executive Council for approval or necessary action in their regard.
2. Propose draft laws and decisions related to the work of the SBA and submit them to the Sharjah Executive Council to decide what it deems appropriate in their regard.
3. Supervise the workflow of the SBA in accordance with the legislation and regulations in force, issue administrative decisions and follow up on their implementation.
4. Present the annual budget and the final account of the SBA and submit them to the Sharjah Executive Council to take the necessary action in their regard, and to supervise the mechanism of disbursement from the SBA's budget.
5. Form the permanent and temporary committees and work teams affiliated with the SBA and defining their terms of reference and work system.
6. Represent the SBA before governmental and private entities, in its relations with others, and before the judiciary.
7. Sign contracts, agreements, memoranda of understanding and partnerships concluded by the SBA.
8. Submit periodic reports on the SBA's work to the Ruler of Sharjah and the Sharjah Executive Council.
9. Delegate some powers or competencies to senior employees of the SBA in accordance with the legislation in the Emirate.
10. Any other tasks assigned by the Ruler of Sharjah or the Sharjah Executive Council.
The Decree also stipulates that the text of Article No. (9) of Emiri Decree No. (13) of 2013 shall be replaced by the following:
The SBA shall have an Executive Director appointed by an Emiri Decree, who shall undertake the conduct of its affairs in a manner that ensures the achievement of its objectives within the limits of the powers conferred on the Executive Director, and shall be responsible to the Chairperson. In particular, the Executive Director shall:
1. Manage the SBA and submit periodic reports in this regard to the Chairperson.
2. Prepare the general policies and strategic plans necessary to achieve the objectives of the SBA, present them to the Chairperson, and follow up on their proper implementation after approval.
3. Prepare the SBA's annual balance sheet and its final account and submit it to the Chairperson for approval by the Sharjah Executive Council.
4. Prepare and implement training plans and programmes in the SBA.
5. Submit periodic reports on the SBA’s work to the Chairperson.
6. Supervise the administrative activities of the SBA and all its employees to ensure the proper implementation of the Chairperson's decisions.
7. Prepare all administrative, financial and operational reports related to the work of the SBA and submit them to the Chairperson.
8. Any other tasks or competencies assigned by the Chairperson.
This Decree shall be effective from the date of its issuance, and the concerned authorities shall implement it, each within its jurisdiction, and shall be published in the Official Gazette.